Opera-3d is a world leading software system for electromagnetics, thermal and stress simulations. This half a day course covers Opera’s use for modelling regimes of magnet operation when part or all of the superconducting coils enter a resistive state. Opera-3d Quench simulates the transient thermal behaviour of superconducting magnets capturing the coupled electromagnetic field and protection circuit behaviour in the same simulation. Good familiarity with the Opera software is a prerequisite for this course.
The course includes:
- Introduction to Opera-3d Quench
- Features of Opera-3d Quench: extreme nonlinearity, heat sources, and adaptive time integration
- Analysis data setup for Quench simulation
- Model setup automation
- Setting circuit properties, specifying protection circuits
- Coupling transient thermal and transient electromagnetics analyses for Quench simulations
- Examples of setting up and solving quenching models
Cobham can also tailor courses to suit a particular application, or previous user experience. The most commonly requested courses are scheduled throughout the year, to see the full list of scheduled training courses visit our news and events page. Please contact us if you cannot see the one that matches your request.
Download the information on this page as a PDF