To find out more about the benefits of this release, see below:
The Winding Tool
- Optimal winding layout (circular and linear representation)
- Stars of Slots representation
- Winding factor harmonics
- Winding mmf harmonics
- GÖrges Diagram
Tabbed Menu Interface customisation
The position of the Tabbed Menu Interface (TMI) can be customised to appear at the top of the screen, or on the left-hand side. The graphical user interfaces can be now used with keyboard shortcuts which have been defined for some of the more commonly used functions. The full list of shortcuts is available in the New Features document.
Permanent Magnet Material data
The $COMINPUT command can now be used with Python scripts (*.py) as well as command input files (*.comi). A new Python function, operafea.currentSimulation().getFieldsAtCoords() returns an OperaObject containing field values at a set of points. This is available in the Opera-3d solvers and Post-Processor. A new Python function, operafea.currentSimulation().stopNlSolver(), can be used to stop nonlinear iterations before convergence in the Opera-3d nonlinear solvers. To enable this function, a new set of solver hooks associated with the start and end of nonlinear iterations has been introduced. In addition, system variables have been made available for the convergence parameters.
Improved Geometry Kernel and Interfacing
Modeller Analysis Setup Tool
A new graphical tool has been included in the Opera 3d/Modeller to prepare data for analysis. The Analysis Setup Tool provides an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface to the ANALYSISDATA, DBCASEDATA and MULTIPHYSICS commands to prepare a single analysis, or sequence of analyses as part of a multiphysics analysis.
The tool consists of 3 panels:
1. On the left is a list of the analysis types. These can be dragged onto the central panel to be added into the sequence of analyses at any position in the list.
2. The central panel contains the sequence of analyses. This sequence can be altered by dragging additional analysis parts into the sequence (they can be dropped either at the end or earlier in the sequence), or an existing sequence can be altered by deleting analysis parts or SHIFT+dragging them to another location.
3. If an analysis in the central panel is selected, its properties and parameters can be adjusted using the property sheet which shows in the panel on the right.
When the Analysis Setup Tool is closed, the commands necessary to create the analyses with their parameters will be run in the Modeller.
Transient Surface Impedance Boundary Condition (SIBC) with loss calculations
The power loss calculated in a harmonic or transient analysis using the Surface Impedance Boundary Condition can now be used as the heat input into a thermal analysis in an automated multiphysics sequence.
Thin Plate Boundary Condition
The Opera-3d Magnetostatics solver has a new boundary condition which can be used to represent thin plates of soft magnetic material. When analysing certain applications such as ship signatures and magnetic shields the geometry can lead to aspect ratio problems in the mesh, whereby the area of a feature can be much greater than its depth. Representing this with standard volume elements can lead to either numerical problems in solution or meshing problems in pre-processing. Using the Thin plate boundary condition the feature is represented in the Modeller as a surface. This simplifies the modelling process and provides much faster solution times. In 18R2 the ability to specify a Packing Factor for the plate has been added.
Prism Gap Meshing
Space charge solution process improvements
Multi-core (Parallel) GUI operations
In the Post-Processor multiple threads are used in two types of calculations:
- Fields from conductors
- Fields by integration
Opera-3d Machines Environment
Iron Loss calculations for SRMs – The existing iron loss calculations for synchronous machines have been adapted for SRMs in order to accurately account for losses in the machine.
Wound Synchronous Machines – The generator- open circuit (Static) analysis provides a relationship between field current and induced voltage for all load conditions. The generator- short circuit analysis provides a relationship between the armature current and the field current. The generator – load analysis provides information about the generator operating point position in relation to the stability limit.
The Additional Support Knowledgebase (ASK)
- Calculation Time of Trajectories
- Comi-Script with User Interactions
- Converting $Const-$String-$Const
- Debugging of Control-Comi-Files
- Maximum Distance between Sample Rays
- Parallel Solvers.
- Conductors – Create your own Shapes
- Eddy Current Losses in 3d
- Measured Signals used in Circuit Editor
- Parallel Solvers
- Patch method to calculate Forces in 3d
- Picking by Position
- Replicating a 3-phase PWM Current Source
- Using Opera to control Matlab®