Duration: 2 Days
Opera-3d is a world leading software system for electromagnetics, thermal and stress simulations. This two day course covers Opera’s capabilities for coupling electromagnetics, thermal and stress analyses to solve multiphysics problems. Lectures and practical sessions are designed to give you both theoretical background and hands-on experience in modelling various multiphysics scenarios. We recommend completing the Introduction to Opera-3d training course before taking this course.
The course includes:
- Thermal Analysis
- Mechanical Analysis (static and modal stress)
- Coupling electromagnetic and thermal analyses
- Coupling electromagnetic and mechanical analyses
- Using Python to couple complex multiphysics problems
- Case studies of coupled electromagnetic and thermal analyses: particle beam heating, induction heating and quench simulations
- Case studies of coupled electromagnetic and mechanical analyses: split pair magnet coil and synchronous reluctance motor
We can also tailor courses to suit a particular application, or previous user experience. The most commonly requested courses are scheduled throughout the year, to see the full list of scheduled training courses visit our news and events page. Please contact us for further information, to register your interest, or if you cannot see the one that matches your request.