The Machines Environment is an automated toolbox designed to aid the analysis of electrical machines within the Opera FE package. This two day course covers Opera’s capabilities for automated model creation and automated analysis of a wide selection of electrical machines. The course includes lectures and hands-on sessions. It also provides an opportunity to discuss your own models. Previous experience using Opera-2d and/or Opera-3d is recommended before joining this course.
The course includes:
- Introduction to the Machines Environment toolbox
- Structure of the Environment, model building process, setup and analysis
- Customizing the Environment
- Types of design Calculations: Electromagnetics, Mechanical and other analyses
- Using the Opera Optimizer with the Environment
- Iron loss calculation
- Importing files from other software including SPEED
- Dynamic rotational analysis of a machine
- Using OPERA with Simulink
- Advanced material modelling: magnetization and demagnetization of permanent magnets, hysteresis
We can also tailor courses to suit a particular application, or previous user experience. The most commonly requested courses are scheduled throughout the year, to see the full list of scheduled training courses visit our news and events page. Please contact us if you cannot see the one that matches your request.
Download the information on this page as a PDF.